Friday, May 4, 2012

Is Pixie hairstyle for a bride...Taboo?

Hello all.  I feel a bit challenged by people on the hole you have got to grow your hair out for the wedding, and I'm not pointing fingures because its not just one or two people but quite a few.  I love my pixie do and so does Mr. J. I like the way it makes me feel and I love how easy it is to fix. It complements my edgy style and that's what I love about it. It also complements and frames my round shaped face. But there seems to be some sort of taboo about having super short hair on your wedding day. Do brides have to have long hair? You could be forgiven for thinking so, judging by many of the photographs of brides advertising wedding dresses. And when you do a Bing search for pixie wedding hairstyles and Ideas you come up short handed.

Well, it is not always the case. I decided to do a little research to see what I could find about what I'm calling a bad taboo. Back in the 1980s, punk fashion meant more than one bride walked down the aisle sporting a short cut, even if she had to tame her spikes for the day. And earlier on, in the 1960's, gamine actress Mia Farrow showed how feminine a short pixie cut could be. And to my surprise of course, she wasn't the first delicate featured actress to sport a short-but-feminine haircut. in the 1950s, Audrey Hepburn cut her long hair in the movie classic Roman Holiday. She also showed how to style it with a bit of a curl, to it the kind of feminine edge that looked right with the princess outfits, when she played her royal role later in the movie.




For a more modern take on the super-short cut, Emma Watson's new pixie style is a good example. Yes this is the chick that plays Hermione in the Harry Potter movies. She recently chopped off her schoolgirl locks for a more modern short do. 



A lot of women think that short styles don't suit them, but for some too much hair does them no favors at all. And as far as I'm concerned I'm one of those some. In my opinion no one should be worried about this look being too harsh for my wedding. So for those of you who are opposed to my having super short hair on my wedding day...Well I've got 133 day to grow this mess out and I don't see it happening. So lets all agree to disagree. And I will the sporting my pixie cut all the way down the aisle to marry my wonderful FI who just so happens to love the way I look. 

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only works of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” 
~Audrey Hepburn~




3 comments:

  1. I love you short hair, you will be beautiful on your wedding day with you beautiful hari, and and cap veil. Some of the most beautiful women ever have had short hair. Just becaue my hari touches my ass doesn't mean I think it pretty, I'm just lazy. Your is beautiful. I like my short, I cant find anyone that can keep it cut consist for me, I have a new bad do every cut. soI just let it grow and wear a ponytail. So now I just look like a horses ass all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love pixie hairstyles! Rock it girl!

    ReplyDelete